Author Topic: LED Issues  (Read 270 times)

mstrduff7

• View Profile
    • Email
LED Issues
« on: July 12, 2017, 02:21:45 AM »
My LED's just stay constantly lit when it turns on. Everything is wired correctly, but the sensor doesn't take hits and the game won't start up. Any help is greatly appreciated.

berk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • funwithelectrons.blogspot.com
Re: LED Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 04:55:05 AM »
Can you move the sensors to another board? If the fault moves too it is the sensors that are at fault.

With nothing plugged into the board except power, does it work. If so, plug stuff back in until it stops working.

If the board is dead with nothing plugged in except power then disconnect power and check continuity of 5V and 0V supplies to connectors and CPU.

Do you have another, working board? If so, transfer the CPU from your dead board into a working one to check the CPU functionality.

mstrduff7

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 12:49:23 AM »
I have 5 brand new boards and 5 brand new sensors. Once everything is assembled they all stay continually lit when the LED's are hooked up no matter the combination of sensors and boards.

I don't know how I can check if the board is working with nothing but power plugged in, so I'm at a stand still right now.

Coolasice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 09:28:04 AM »
Are they purchased kits or did you assemble then yourself? Check orientation of the pic chips,. Ensure there is +5v on pin 1.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 09:44:31 AM by Coolasice »

berk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 02:29:16 PM »
Sounds like the PICs are no programmed correctly. I there is no power up audio when the boards are turned on the PIC is not working properly. Did you program the PICs yourself?

mstrduff7

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 04:12:07 PM »
They are the pre-assembled Domination boards.

berk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 07:31:35 PM »
In that case you need to contact the vendor. It appears to me that the PICs have not been programmed.

mstrduff7

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 03:14:42 PM »
Just a quick update. I talked to Jim and he figured out the issue. My red and black we're pinned backwards. After I switched them everything works great.

berk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 05:32:38 PM »
LOL. The simplest of things! glad you got it working.