Author Topic: Game: Juggernaut  (Read 349 times)

mstrduff7

• View Profile
    • Email
Game: Juggernaut
« on: June 02, 2017, 11:10:15 PM »
Beware the Juggernaut. In this Free For All game one player is the Juggernaut. Juggernauts have 2x damage and 2x armor. I wanted the powers to come from the Gamebox. It would be an armor pick up and a weapon pick up housed in one box. When you die as Juggernaut you put the box down and anyone can pick up to be the next Juggernaut. Any ideas?

mstrduff7

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Game: Juggernaut
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 09:00:35 PM »
I've tried a few variations of the concept but I can't quite get it worked out. I've decided instead of a weapon pick up, I would build a weapon instead. Now the game is as follows.

All players are TEAM ALPHA (red) with 15 lives
JUGGERNAUT Is a nerf mini-gun converted to Milestag and TEAM BRAVO (blue)
Friendly fire is off, and the only way to get kills is to find and use the JUGGERNAUT weapon.
Last man standing wins

The issue I have is anytime you use a prop like this you run into honesty problems. There is no motivation to put down the gun when it is tagged out. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

ezio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 09:37:02 AM »
There are a few arenas that play a game similar to what you're describing.  The "Juggernaut" is just a single player who's tagger has been given enhanced health/ammo/fire rate, but his respawn capability has been dropped to 0.  Once he's dead or if he survives for some time period, the game is over.  The Juggernaut has to stay in a specific location on the map, and is allowed to have 1 normally spec'd "bodyguard" for cover.

To make this game mode a little closer to what you suggested, how about something like this:

Two teams start in a normal team elimination round (team red and team blue).  There's a "Juggernaut" game box in a fixed location on the playing field.  When hit, the Juggernaut box clones the player's gun to team yellow, and gives them extra health/ammo/gun capabilities (refire rate, and/or more damage per shot) but zero respawns.  The Juggernaut box is disabled after it's triggered once.  The game is first a race to become the Juggernaut, and then it becomes kill the Juggernaut.  It's still a team elimination, too -- If the Juggernaut kills everyone, he wins.  If red team kills blue and the Juggernaut, they win, and same for blue. 

This Juggernaut box is easy to make, too.  It's only one signal and logic to allow only one button press per 10 minutes or so (or maybe there's a kill switch to reset it for admins).  Either way, that would be very easy to implement.

mstrduff7

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 07:27:53 PM »
My initial thought was to make a "Juggernaut  Box" for cloning the juggernaut settings, but the current milestag settings don't let you clone team setting, so you would have a ref gun assign team function to change the team setting.