Author Topic: In Need of ISD Solutions  (Read 308 times)

SKUNX06

• View Profile
In Need of ISD Solutions
« on: December 01, 2016, 05:56:06 PM »
Having some troubles recording to the ISD, which seem to be pretty common; however I haven't seen this issue posted yet. While having the audio cable plugged in, and the serial cable unplugged I'm able to play and hear the pc files from the core speaker, therefore I think my audio cable is good. Now when I plug the Serial cable in, I'm able to play and hear the files from the isd on the core speaker but unable to play the pc files, therefore unable to record. That being said, the serial is obviously transmitting data, and the audio cable transmits sound....what am I missing?

Currently I've tried windows 7 and 8. I'm running rev h boards, and I've tried firmware 5.5 and 6.4. I have the required resistors on the audio cable, I don't have the required 20k resistor, but have two 10k resistors in a series on the serial cable which should create the same value. My serial cable is currently plugged into pin 5 and 3

Coolasice

• View Profile
Re: In Need of ISD Solutions
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 03:07:41 PM »
Are you in programming mode? Are you using a serial extension cable or direct to the PC serial port?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 03:23:22 PM by Coolasice »

SKUNX06

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 03:01:42 PM »
Yes I'm in programming mode and and I'm using a serial 232 to USB cable.

Coolasice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 07:12:40 PM »
is it a true rs232 cable or a usb to serial ttl adapter? (the ttl won't work)

SKUNX06

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 12:26:20 PM »
From everything I can gather it is, however I did read there are quite a few counterfeits of the particular cable I have. A lot of issues with windows too, waiting on a new cable and iI'll check back.