Author Topic: Speaker replacement  (Read 1931 times)

kerfuffle

• push this button
    • View Profile
    • Email
Speaker replacement
« on: January 20, 2015, 10:56:44 PM »
I like the sounds included and plan to use most of them. I want to change the speaker that came with the core package as it sounds to tinny to me. I would like to have a speaker that has more bass to it and could be louder. My question is what are my parameters for speakers relative to the base system when I am ordering? IS there a parameter for voltage that I can not exceed or some other parameter that I do not know about ? I dont want to deplete the batter in 30minutes.  My electronic background is very limited and I need it explained in laymans terms. Is there a website that I can possibly purchase one or two speakers to test ??? If you have a speaker that meets the requirement s send me the info or web site....  Thanks, Ultra Newbie , TOm
Going to be an entrepreneur.

berk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • funwithelectrons.blogspot.com
Re: Speaker replacement
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 04:00:37 AM »
Hi Tom,
  Any speaker rated 1Watt or above and 8ohm will be suitable. You will not vastly improve the audio quality as the playback chip itself is limited to 8kHz sampling. Give it a try, but don't expect too much.

kerfuffle

• push this button
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 05:33:53 PM »
ok I will Thanks

kerfuffle

• push this button
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 05:41:17 PM »
So can I increase the Ohms and watts or one or the other. What woudl be a suggestion to increase the bass sound on it? Bigger magnet?? Thanks