Author Topic: Problem recording to blank ISD1790  (Read 2162 times)

jayo

• Developer
    • View Profile
Problem recording to blank ISD1790
« on: June 16, 2014, 03:48:33 PM »
I have been trying to record the sounds to blank ISD1790 chips using a core board (rev H) and the sound recorder software.

Everything seems to be going fine, I put the board into Ref mode and then into Utilities and Sounds.

I run the Erase function and then I run the Record Sounds to ISD function.

As this si running I can hear the sounds being played over the speaker, the LED in the sensor is blinking etc.

After I run it I then try to play the sounds on the ISD, but the sounds are not playing correctly - I am hearing a series of clicks (5 or 6) each time I press one of the sound buttons.

I have died it with 4 new ISD chips and all the same.

When I replace the original ISD chip that I got with the board and try to play the sound on the ISD the same thing happens. When I switch back to player mode then the sounds play correctly on this chip.

Any ideas?

berk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • funwithelectrons.blogspot.com
Re: Problem recording to blank ISD1790
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 08:50:01 AM »
Hi Jayo
  I have had similar problems when I've been using ISD copies...I.e. Not Winbond ones.
Where did you buy them from? If it was a big supplier like DigiKey you should have the genuine article.

jayo

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Problem recording to blank ISD1790
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 05:09:49 PM »
Thanks Berk,

I got them from Digikey alright.

Im gonna try and use a different PC to see if that makes any difference, the one I used is 64 bit Win7 and can be strange at time - will try an XP box

One small thing I did notice is that I didnt have the 20K resistor in my serial connection - put it in and it didnt make a difference.

I will keep trying -