Author Topic: Full auto button  (Read 4942 times)

Scorpy

• View Profile
Full auto button
« on: February 25, 2011, 10:23:15 AM »
Jim - Two things; the full auto button should this be an on/off button or a non locking type?

Next the auxiliary next to the back light, could this be used to power the sights, I have piggy backed wires on the
                        main feed to the board(This works fine in a 100 resistor in the line) thought I could make use of this if this would work.

Doing it this way saves a fortune in batterys and works well used it  this way for 5 months with no problems. Steve

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 02:13:11 PM by Scorpy »
Life is Hard, Then You Die!

Scorpy

• View Profile
Re: Full auto button
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 04:37:28 AM »
Jim ignore the first bit, found the anwser on the sheets from your site about the button type for full auto (slide or toggle), but how about the aux bit can it be used?

Captain Tuna

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 06:34:59 AM »
While we wait for Jim i'll try to answer as best as I can.

Not sure where the auxiliary thingy you are talking about is, couldn't find it on the schematics, but there's no reason why you couldn't connect the power line (regulated power) on the board to your sights.

My red dot sight works on 3v if i well remember, if this is your case too maybe it would be better to add a few diodes in series to bring the 5v down to 3v.

Harlequin

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 07:54:24 AM »
The Aux isn't currently used for anything.

Scorpy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 11:49:50 AM »
Captain - Thanks for the reply!

Harlequin - could it be used as a power source for the sights?

The Aux isn't currently used for anything.

Captain Tuna

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 12:25:37 PM »
I did some more research. I checked the manual out and it shows that AUX is connected to pin 26 on the PIC. I then checked out the schematic and that AUX jumper is labelled : "Full-Auto". Not sure what that is.

So i guess you can't use it for powering sights, and even the pin was kept high by modifying the code it would still be a bad idea because MCUs usually cannot sink/source much current and i have no idea how much the sights drain.

You could use the + and - pins on the TX/RX headers, that would work.

Scorpy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 11:37:06 AM »
Thanks Captain - The full auto is for the fire mode 'fully automatic fire' I'll just keep doing it the way I was using as it seems to work fine, but thanks for your time...Steve

author=Captain Tuna AUX jumper is labelled : "Full-Auto". Not sure what that is.

Captain Tuna

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 03:24:05 PM »
Actually there's a jumper labelled as "Semi/auto" and another one (the one we were talking about) labelled as "Full-auto". I thought the fire selector was the first one.

Harlequin

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 03:21:10 AM »
The input to change the tagger from semi-auto to burst/full-auto is labeled SW4 on the PCB and SW4 Semi/Full on the schematic. It is connected to Pin 1 on the Pic. This needs to be a dual-state switch, ie slide switch or toggle switch.
The spare input is labeled Aux on the PCB and SW4 Full Auto on the PCB. It connects to Pin 22 on the tagger. DO NOT USE THIS TO POWER EXTERNAL DEVICES. It is only capable of supplying about 20 - 25mA.

Pin 26 is the reload switch input.

Scorpy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 01:02:38 PM »
Harlequin - Thanks for that, not into all the techno stuff yet, still lots of learning to do. But will take your advice not to add any external stuff to that point.  Wish I listened at school, but I'm learning as I go from you guy's... Steve