Author Topic: CORE Rev.H recording issue - silent sounds  (Read 2553 times)

c0m4r

• View Profile
CORE Rev.H recording issue - silent sounds
« on: April 06, 2013, 01:34:41 PM »
Hi All,
Almost completed my 2 taggers but have problems with sounds recording. I have made special serial cable for recording (with 20K resistor on RX line, using COM port) and for audio connection with twice 1k resistors to mix channels. Connection seems to be ok (test works - LED's flashes) but playing all sounds from computer via core speaker they are extremely silent. I have to put speaker to my ear to be able to hear anything. Same situation on both boards (from Jim's store), my TDA7035A is with volume control, checked 3 different chips. Sound cable connected to speaker out in computer, volume set to max.
Any ideas whats wrong ?

Thanks
Martin

berk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • funwithelectrons.blogspot.com
Re: CORE Rev.H recording issue - silent sounds
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 04:42:16 PM »
I've had this when the audio ground and signal wires from the PC were swapped.

Ale

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 05:08:50 AM »
I had few recording problems (don't recall exactly which ones). Solved performing a factory reset of the board (thing that you must do anyway, if you didn't)

c0m4r

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 12:32:42 PM »
thanks for help !! - problem solved by swapping audio wires from PC :)
One more question. After powering on the board a little screech from speaker can be heard. It must have very high freq and its heard all the time and in every mode (ref or normal). Only when playing sounds from ISD there's no such a screech. I have checked few speakers, different wiring :), different power source : 6AA and LiPo 7.4V and also checked uMT board from store - always same screech. Assume that is normal but maybe someone has a fix for it ? Seems like internal "raisement"...
Its a bit annoying so i hope that after putting speaker into the tagger it wont be heard any more....