Author Topic: Domination tube used as a switch  (Read 218 times)

mstrduff7

• View Profile
    • Email
Domination tube used as a switch
« on: February 07, 2019, 06:52:43 PM »
I'm designing a game that needs to switch between 2 domination tubes. I was wondering if it was possible to use a dom board as a switch, using the 12V output of the AA and BB lights. If not, any ideas would be welcome.

mstrduff7

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Domination tube used as a switch
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 08:36:28 AM »
UPDATE:  I wired up a proof of concept and the main dom board being used as a switch powered up. However, the AA and BB powered boards would not. I am wondering if the 12V output just didn't get enough power or if it won't work in general. Going to test the voltage output today.

mstrduff7

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Domination tube used as a switch
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 05:38:10 PM »
Finally got this finished. The proof of concept worked, and it will be applied to a GMOD TTT style game mode. The setup is as follows:

Domination Board 1: 8 battery holder for power, sensor, AA wired to Dom Board 2, BB wired to Dom Board 3
Domination Board 2: Power wired to AA on Dom Board 1, Sensor, AA wired to blue light, BB wired to red light
Domination Board 3: Power wired to BB on Dom Board 2, Sensor, AA wired to red light, BB wired to blue light

I plan on using this setup as a traitor tester. If alpha team hits it should turn red (traitor), if bravo hits it should turn blue(innocent). But if the Traitor (alpha) hits the switch board (dom board 1) the lights will be switched, making innocent players look guilty.

There is more that needs done to show a basic beta test, but this is a good start.

Pingvin

• Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile