Author Topic: Running TDA7052 from speaker outputs  (Read 4097 times)

Harlequin

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Running TDA7052 from speaker outputs
« on: March 04, 2013, 04:26:28 AM »
So I'm looking to boost the audio output power of a couple of FragTag boards that I have. I though of using an external amplifier circuit based on the TDA7052, pretty much exactly like what is on a MilesTag CORE board. The only issue is that the audio output from the ISD2560 on the FragTag board is via the speaker outputs. If I run the +speaker output from the ISD2560 into a TDA7052 is that going to work ok, or is it a terrible idea that is doomed to failure?

MilesTag

• www.MilesTag.com
  • Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Laser Tag Parts
    • Email
Re: Running TDA7052 from speaker outputs
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 12:25:33 AM »
Might try putting a resistor in line with the ISD2560 speaker output. 

Even some of the BEST ideas are doomed to result in a small puff of smoke.  Follow the datasheet for the TDA7052, you will probably be okay.

Harlequin

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 09:32:21 AM »
The thing I'm not sure about is whether the speaker output from the ISD is too much for the TDA, although from looking through the TDA datasheet it seems that it has input protection. Do you think that just using a 100k pot to control the input to the TDA, like used in the RevG audio circuit?
I'm thinking of using the attached schematic, probably with a 5K resistor and pot.

EDIT: I also just noticed that the CORE schematic has the TDA7052 running of +5V, is that correct or should it be running off the battery pack?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 09:33:54 AM by Harlequin »

Pingvin

• Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 01:42:49 PM »
The thing I'm not sure about is whether the speaker output from the ISD is too much for the TDA, although from looking through the TDA datasheet it seems that it has input protection. Do you think that just using a 100k pot to control the input to the TDA, like used in the RevG audio circuit?
I'm thinking of using the attached schematic, probably with a 5K resistor and pot.

EDIT: I also just noticed that the CORE schematic has the TDA7052 running of +5V, is that correct or should it be running off the battery pack?
At the Ascetic of TDA7052A works from + 5V.
All system powered from 3,7 V
There were problems - the self-excitation, a "choking" sound, but everything is solved! ;) :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAlfQnnrBdU
It seems to me - on the scheme the pin 4 is connected not absolutely correctly! ???
On it there shouldn't be more than 1,4 V .
This tension regulates gain coefficient.
Problems also were connected with it.
 And the entrance signal shouldn't exceed 0,6 V.
Pay attention - I used a chip with the letter "A"!

The it is more than a supply voltage, the it is more loudness - it is possible and to power from the battery.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:14:04 PM by Pingvin »

Pingvin

• Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 02:32:32 PM »

Even some of the BEST ideas are doomed to result in a small puff of smoke. 
As to me it is familiar!  :D ;D
Few times not that the stream, the whole column of a smoke was possible to take - wires melted! :o
The scattered... :-[

MilesTag

• www.MilesTag.com
  • Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Laser Tag Parts
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 11:07:44 PM »

I think the pot would work.  You'd have to try it though.  The TDA7052 will run off the 5V or it can run staight off the battery.  I think the max supply is around 18VDC.